A Simple Squash Dish
This week I bring to you a little recipe. It’s colorful and beautiful and super easy to make.
What you will need:
2 Small sweet potatoes
1 Bag of butternut squash (cubed and peeled)
1 Red Pepper – to be roasted or buy pre roasted peppers
A few scoops coconut cream
Salt and Pepper
Fresh sage to garnish
What to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degree
1. Heat a medium sauce pan on low and add Olive Oil to cover bottom, next cut onion in half, peel then slice. Add to pan with a little salt, cook on low until brown and soft.
2. On another burner turn on gas flame to medium high heat and place red pepper on grate and roast, turning until all sides are black. Then place in brown paper bag and seal it up, set aside and let cool. When pepper is cool rinse under running water to remove black skin/shiny skin. Chop, discard seeds and add to large bowl.
4. Peel and chop sweet potatoes and butternut squash into uniformed size pieces. Put in bowl with red peppers. Next add in coconut cream toss to coat and salt and pepper.
5. In a rectangular pan spread out potatoes, squash and pepper mix. Top with caramelized onions and bake for apps 20-30min.
6. Top with fresh sage and enjoy.
15 Overhead squats (95/65)
And Coming Friday
6 Inverted burpees
12 Toes to bar
24 Box jumps (24/20)