CFLA Gym Rules
A few weeks ago, we posted an entry titled “CFLA Training Principles”. After receiving a ton of “colorful” responses AND a major injection of “fun” from Captain Princess Cheri, we’ve changed the name and modified it to what you see below (you’ll also see them posted in the gym next time you’re in). Thoughts?
CFLA GYM RULES
1. Arrive early and stay late. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience, and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community. Besides, if you’re late, it’s 10 burpees per minute.
2. If you forget to sign in, it’s 50 burpees. And regarding any burpee incentives… you may cry and whine all you want, as long as we can hear you counting.
3. Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Check your ego at the door.
4. EMPTY barbells were not designed to be dropped (neither were dumbbells or kettlebells). We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily.
5. Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket because all the extra dust keeps breaking our vacuum cleaner!
6. Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. Clean up sweat, spit, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind.
7. Grunting, screaming, cussing and otherwise making noise are all welcome and encouraged during a workout. There is such a thing as gentle, quiet strength, although most of us haven’t mastered that yet. Also remember that there can be such a thing as too loud, crass, gross, or rude – please be respectful.
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
12 Shoulder Press (seated, w/ dumbbells) (40#/25#)
12 Walking Lunges (dumbbells held at sides)
12 Romanian Dead Lifts (dumbbells)
– use the same weight dumbbells for all movements