In the spirit of my current suffering and possibly yours, I present to you some fun facts on the common cold:
1. Most grown-ups have two to four colds a year; children can easily get six to 10.
2. More than 200 viruses are responsible for the cold. The most common are called human rhinoviruses (HRV), and cause up to 40 percent of all colds.
3. There are around 100 known serotypes of HRV, meaning that a vaccine cannot be made … and that we have the potential to be infected around 100 times by this alone. Plus, mutations cause a thus-far eternal number of new strains of the virus
4. Rhinoviruses survive for three hours outside of the body, and can sometimes live for up to 48 hours on touchable surfaces, including everything from door knobs and subway poles to shopping carts and light switches.
5. Colds are spread by touching infected surface and then touching your nose or eyes, and to a lesser extent the mouth; or inhaling virus-harboring droplets in the air after an infected person sneezes or coughs.
6. The droplets from a sneeze can spread for a distance of six feet.
7. A single sneeze can spray 100,000 germs into the air … which is why you should keep a six-foot distance from a sneezing sick person.
9. People are thought to be most contagious when symptoms are at their worst; though they can also infect others even before symptoms develop.
10. The single best way to avoid getting a cold, is to wash your hands. A lot. Use soap and wash them in water for 20 seconds. It’s cheap and easy and more effective than alcohol-based hand sanitizers; but if you don’t have soap and water, sanitizers will do in a pinch (just steer clear of products that contain TRICLOSAN.
WEDNESDAY – PRACTICE
A) Back Squat
70% x 3
80% x 3
90% x 3+
B) EMOM 7:
10 OP Burpees
Peak: feet together burpees/chest 2 bar
C) 8 Rounds :40:20
Base: KB Swing HS Inversion Hold
Peak: Double KB swing Wall Walks
THURSDAY – COMPETITION
60/40 Cal on Bike
40 Box Jumps (24/20)
30 Hang Power Cleans B: (115/75) P: (135/95)
30 Box Jumps
20 Shoulder to Overhead
20 Box Jumps
10 Power Snatches
THURSDAY – RUN CLASS
Warm up DrillS: 10-15min
4 x 1 Mile Intervals
Progressive Tempo on each interval
– Rest 4 min Btwn.