Getting Started at CFLA
Read through these steps before you call for a free intro! Contact info below.
- STEP 1: INTRO SESSION
- STEP 2: BEFORE GROUP CLASSES, FUNDAMENTALS
- STEP 3: GROUP CLASSES & PRICING
STEP 1: Intro Session at CrossFit Los Angeles
You’ve decided you want to get into the best shape of your life – fantastic! Now it’s time to book an intro session at CFLA so you can reach your goals with second-to-none coaching within a community of like-minded people. Read through these steps to find out how.
* You can do the free 60-minute intro session alone or bring a friend. During we’ll evaluate your current level of fitness.
* During the intro you will also learn all about our CFLA methodology and our unique application of CrossFit. Not all CrossFit gyms the same. We all operate under the general philosophy of CrossFit, which is great, but how an individual gym is run, the programming, the energy, and the specific philosophies vary greatly.
*Do your homework and find the best fit for you.
* CrossFit Los Angeles is about balanced, long-term, sustainable training so you can enjoy the highest quality of life.
* We believe in integrity of movement and of self.
* We believe in our community and having fun.
* We were the very first CrossFit in Southern California and the 9th affiliate out of 8,000 that are now worldwide. Our expertise and our dedication to development are first-rate.
Read more about who we are HERE and the very specific way we train as designed by Coach Kenny Kane. Go on to STEP 2!
Step 2: Before Group Classes, Fundamentals!
One of our most important jobs as coaches is to set you up not only for success, but success for the long haul. You will eventually have the opportunity to graduate to CFLA group classes. But before you do, we want to ensure that you feel confident in CrossFit movements, and can safely join group classes.
With that in mind, you will start off by completing approximately 10 one-on-one or two-on-one private training sessions.
During your personal training sessions you will become familiar with the CrossFit movements, Olympic weightlifting, power lifting, gymnastics-style movements, and different types of endurance methods we use. Importantly, you will learn how to scale workouts to your ability. We also cover mobility, injury prevention and nutrition. And lastly, you’ll be introduced to the excellent culture that is uniquely CFLA.
The purpose of doing personal training prior to group classes is three-fold:
1. CrossFit is incredibly technical – it’s like learning an entirely new sport. The same way you wouldn’t throw someone off the street onto the varsity baseball team, we don’t throw people who have never done clean and jerks and snatches and pull ups right into the intimidating fire of group classes. Instead, we take the time to properly teach you the movements (and terms!) so you feel confident and safe in your abilities by the time you begin group classes.
2. One-on-one personal training allows us to address your individual needs, deficiencies, weaknesses and injuries. Everybody needs to work at a different pace, and we want you to progress and learn under the watchful eye of a diligent coach, as well as keep you injury-free so your training feels — and is — sustainable. This confidence and base knowledge will make group classes that much more fun.
3. We believe relationships with the people around you are going to enrich your life, and your relationship with your coach is no exception. We want to get to know you personally. We want to know your fitness goals, what’s going on in your life, and what you need from us to help you succeed.
Private Training Cost:
$850 for 10 sessions (one-on-one personal training)
$550/ea for 10 sessions (two-on-one personal training)
After both your Intro Session and your first 10 private sessions are complete, we’ll re-evaluate and decide together if you need more sessions or if you’re ready to graduate into class.
Check out Step 3!
Step 3: Group Classes & Pricing
Once you’re more competent in the CrossFit movements and have reached the graduation requirements, you are ready to begin group classes!
During group classes, you’ll push yourself and sweat it out with like-minded individuals, as you compete with yourself (and others, if you choose) for rounds, time, points, glory, emotional satisfaction and physical and mental growth. And some days we simply practice for no score at all. You will reach new physical and emotional levels you didn’t think were possible, and you will undoubtedly find yourself with a new social and support network, which will help you on your continued path to greater health and happiness.
During group classes, you will of course have an on-the-floor coach, but your original Fundamentals coach will also be your on-going, off-the-floor coach and is always available to answer questions, help hold you accountable, even give you a refresher private training class here and there if needed.
We look forward to meeting you at your Intro Session!
Bronze (2x/week) $205/mo with 4 month contract, $195/mo with 12 month contract
Silver (3x/week) $265/mo with 4 month contract, $255/mo with 12 month contract
Platinum (unlimt’d) $299/mo with 4 month contract, $289/mo with 12 month contract
We know how hard it can be to be away from your box. At CFLA we are happy to be your home away from home.
As long as you are currently CrossFitting, you are welcome to work out in any of our regularly scheduled classes. You can check out our schedule HERE. There is no need to call ahead or reserve a spot, but please show up early so you can fill out a waiver if you haven’t been here before. You can also fill out a waiver online HERE!
Your first class is FREE, and there will be a $25 drop in fee for any classes after that. If you are here for one week or more, please contact email@example.com to find out about our extended training rates.
See you soon!