What to Share
I’m often at a loss for what to share with you all. I wonder, what will they find interesting or what do they really care about? Yes, I know, it’s FOOD. But should I give them a little more substance? Should I share something a bit more meaty? Then it usually comes back to a recipe. Though, I have to be honest, I don’t usually cook from recipes, I’m more of a “what’s in the kitchen and what can be made with it kind of girl.” Now, that’s not to say I don’t follow recipes, baking that is a FOR sure, and I’ll usually always consult a recipe or eat something and say, boy I’d like to recreate that and then I’ll give it a try. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won’t. Either way I’m never sad after spending time in the kitchen.
Today I share a repost from an original recipe on www.sweetcheekshq.com It’s simple and quite good.
Savory Sweet Potato Skins
What you will need:
2 Sweet potatoes
4 Pieces of bacon-cooked, drained and chopped (can do ahead of time)
1-2 small onions-chopped
Crushed red peppers
Serves 2-4 depending on if used as appetizer or meal.
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash, prick and place potatoes on baking sheet and bake in oven until tender, but not mushy-appx 30min.
3. While potatoes are baking chop onions and caramelize in a pan with olive oil until golden and tender.
4. Remove potatoes and set aside to let cool.
5. When potatoes are cool-cut in half length wise and scoop out center, making sure to leave a little potato in the skin.
6. Sprinkle each potato with caramelized onions, bacon pieces, salt, pepper, crushed red peppers and fresh thyme.
7. Place skins on baking sheet and bake at 400 another 10-12 minutes.
8. When done garnish with more fresh thyme.
Then serve them as an appetizer or a side dish. I really wanted to drizzle them with a little maple syrup, but have yet to. Sound good to anyone else?
A) Squat snatch
5 x 3 Working up as heavy as quality allows
B) 5 RFQ (:30:30) at ≤70 RPE
Wallballs to 10’
And Coming Friday
CF Open Wod 15.3